Tuesday, July 6, 2010

48 Days 'Til Departure

Hello Friends and Family,

I've decided to keep a blog for the time I'm in Italy in order to update everyone who'd like to know what I'm up to. This blog will chronicle my time at St. John International University where I will complete a Master's Degree in International Arts Administration. I also plan to include plenty of touristy snapshots of myself in front of monuments, and undoubtedly quite a few of miscellaneous Italian dining experiences.

I invite you to join me as my life is about to change radically and I will likely need this blog as an emotive soapbox. In 48 days I will be arriving in Turin, city I've never visited, ready to start the next phase of my future. I don't know where my student apartment is located, or who my roommates are - I don't even know what classes I will have to take for the first semester. But how exciting is that?! Sure, it's nerve-racking. I can't say I'm not nervous, but I'm more excited than anything.



As a disclaimer, in future posts you may be inundated with obnoxious anecdotes of how much I love Italy and can't believe I'm so lucky - don't worry. You will be hearing plenty about all the typical American luxuries I'm missing - i.e. abundant hot water, the ability to pay utility bills online or by mail, peanut butter... you get the picture.

Please feel free to "follow" my blog (bottom right of this page), which may require a sign-up of sorts, but you will be updated when new posts are created. This way you are also able to leave comments and communicate with me from across the ocean.

With Love,

Brittany/Lauren

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

    Love it!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna miss you like WHOA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I've joined the 21st Century and signed up for your blog. Next thing you know, I'll have a FaceBook account!! Can't wait for your adventure to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading about all of your adventures in Italy! From past experience, I know you will enlighten us with a very detailed visual chronology of jaunts.

    ReplyDelete