Friday, July 30, 2010

Classes to Clothes

The thought of starting school again has just become more real.  The registrar just sent me my course schedule and I'm feeling a bit of trepidation.  I was surprised they registered me for classes and I didn't have to do it myself, I suppose that's how it goes in grad school.  Now it's about to get real.

Check this out:

MIAA 6000 – Introduction to Managing Arts Organization
MIAA 6010 – Policies, Law and Politics
MIAA 6100 – Project Management
MIAA 6300/MBA 6600 – Managerial Accounting
MIAA 6200/MBA 6400 – Organizational Behavior

What to the what?!  Five courses including... Accounting?  Gross.  I'm sure I'll be fine, but how serious does this schedule sound?  I mean, if anything this must prove I'm a legit grown-up (or at least on my way to becoming one).

And for those of you who are under the impression I'm going to Italy to study Intro to Mopeds or Gelato 101, you may note that some courses are cross-listed with the MBA program.  That's right, people.  Though I may also inform you the above-mentioned courses may become the cause for me not updating this blog as much as I'd prefer.

In other news, I've started packing.  *insert frustrated sigh* And in a very Shultz-like manner I've created a document listing all the necessary items for my departure.  Problem is, I'm only planning to take the following suitcase-type vessels:

  • One large "I-went-backpacking-through-Europe-once" backpack
  • One medium-sized suitcase
  • One large duffel bag
After a cursory attempt at grabbing all the clothing items I thought I would need, (I mean really need, you know, for looking-cute purposes), I promptly filled all 3 bags.  WTF?   Where am I going to fit all the OTHER stuff I need to take?  Weather in Torino will be between 32-68 degrees for the months I will be there.  Meaning I'll somehow need to pack jackets.  Say a prayer for my clothes, folks.  There's going to have to be a hierarchical restructuring sometime soon.

More soon!  A little over 3 weeks 'til departure...

4 comments:

  1. You will freeze. Also, no one would blame you for taking another suitcase... Just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point. Look into how much an extra suitcase would cost...and then think about how much clothes in Italy would cost to buy and compare. OR think about the CUTE Italian clothes you will buy no matter how many suitcases you take (because come on, like you're not going to buy some seriously cute stuff while you're there) and maybe that will help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPACE BAGS. seriously. they will save your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh taking managerial accounting also...yikes! I will probs need your help :-) School..again.

    ReplyDelete